Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~plz I Need Help~question About Malware~

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 crazyoutlaw

crazyoutlaw

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Allright,currently Ive noticed that my computer has alot of malware,so Ive been reading about removing it.I've downloaded SpyBot,Ad-Aware,SpyWare Blaster and I have the Mcafee Security Suite.I want to manually remove the malware using the program AutoRun.However,I want to know if any malware can trick my computer into thinking they're legit MicroSoft applications.By this I mean can they "tell" my cpu that they have an authentic signature??Plz help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

Not really, they cant. But manually dealing with things in AutoRuns will lead to you missing things, as well as leaving parts of malware behind. AutoRuns only looks at startup entries. Many types of malware have other ways of getting started, as well as the ability to hide from autoruns.

Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
  • You will then see the Terms of Use, tick the check-box infront of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Now click Start
  • Should you face a Security Warning that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes
  • Click Start
    • Note: (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
  • To do a full-scan, tick: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
  • Press Scan
  • The Onlinescan will now start and scan your pc (this could take a while)
  • When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window
  • Click Start >> Run... >> type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • The Scanresults will now open in Notepad
  • Click into the text area, right-click and chose "select all" (or use <Control>+A)
  • Right-click again and chose "Copy" (or <Control>+C)
  • Close/Exit Notepad
  • Navigate to this thread and post your log along with anything else requested from us, by right-clicking and "paste" (or ctrl+v) in the text area of the reply post you just created.
Note: For Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)

Billy3

Edited by boopme, 14 March 2008 - 08:46 PM.
{Moved to more appropriate forum~~boopme}

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Hello crazyoutlaw,

In order to provide you with proper disinfection procedures, we need some additional information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

I want to manually remove the malware

What malware? And what identified it?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:45 AM

Hello crazyoutlaw,

I see that you have an active HJT thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137403/help-with-my-malware-problems/ Please follow the instructions of your helper in that thread and be sure to follow through on everything. Even if the computer starts running better, that doesn't mean the infection is gone. Stay with the thread until you have been declared clean. Do not post new topics on the same issue as this confuses things and actually delays assistance.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users