Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Virus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 babygirl6573

babygirl6573

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Judy from community feedback asked me to post this to you to see if it is a virus everytime I open one it keeps going to microsoft office standard edition 2003...not sure what to do or think...please help...getting very frustrated...wont let me upload file to send you...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tomo2

Tomo2

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hello babygirl6573, welcome to BC forums! :thumbsup:
Sorry, Every time you open one what?
If its an office file and it opens setup you should try running a repair install to clear up any installer issues.

Edited by Tomo2, 14 March 2008 - 05:37 PM.

L&P, World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago!
Posted Image
Avast! Antivirus : Spybot S&D : Trend Micro Housecall : Hosts file : HiJack This
Don't be too open minded - your brains will fall out

#3 babygirl6573

babygirl6573
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:39 PM

My aunt came over to help me download ainternet security and run a cleaner...she had me talking to a nice lady from community feedback...I have 16 different files that are named axel.dav which i guess means axel davis...so she figured I had a virus because there is a virus with that name...every time i open it...it says microsoft office standard edition 2003 activation wizard...so we are thinking maybe it's not a virus...so Judy asked me to type you and see what you think...we did tons of cleaning and restarting and its still here...I'm kinda new at this and very confused...please help before I throw this out the window...

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

In order to use Microsoft Office, you must activate it.
Apparently you are being told that it isn't yet activated.
See if the info here is helpful for you:

Description of the Office Activation Wizard
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293151

edited to correct an OOPS with the url above.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 March 2008 - 11:15 PM.

#5 babygirl6573

babygirl6573
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

:thumbsup: my aunt came over to help install a internet security...we also did a cleaning...she had me talking to a very nice and helpful lady named Judy from community feedback...she was helping us in checking files...she noticed a file named axel.dav which is a virus...when I scan for files 16 come up with that name...when I open it...it says microsoft office 2003 activation wizard...so I'm thinking maybe its not a virus...Judy asked me to type you and find out what you think...I was thinking about deleting all those files...I'm very frustated and ready to throw this computer out the front door...please help b4 I go insane...
please disregard this one...I thought I did the last message wrong...thank you so much for your help...you rock...

Edited by babygirl6573, 14 March 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

After following Queen-Evie's advice. Tell us what antivirus tools are installed and have you run a scan with them?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Go to this page: http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and use the Browse button there to upload the file and have it scanned - the results there will tell you if it's a virus or not.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Merged other topic into this one.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 babygirl6573

babygirl6573
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

I just went and deleted all the files that said axel.dav and restarted the computer...I then did a new search for the files and didn't find anymore...so I hope I'm good...thank you so much for all your help I really appreciate it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users