Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Delete Core.cache.dsk.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 troytrey

troytrey

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

this thing is killing me...please help..new to this forum...desperate to avoid reinstalling my compuer.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Please follow these instructions:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/

When you are done,
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
  • Hold down your "Shift" key and click on this link: Kaspersky WebScanner, to open the Kaspersky WebScanner in a new window.
  • Click on "Kaspersky Online Scanner".
    • You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
    • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on "NEXT".
  • Now click on "Scan Settings".
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
      Scan Archives
      Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK.
  • Under select a target to scan, select "My Computer".
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Upon completion, click on the "Save as Text" button.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 troytrey

troytrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:12 PM

Saturday, March 15, 2008 16:09:35
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 15/03/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 631406

Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases true

Scan Target My Computer
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\
G:\
H:\
I:\
J:\

Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 445305
Number of viruses found 1
Number of infected objects 4
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 05:57:50

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\log\plugin142.trace Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar/SmitfraudFix/Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix.exe RarSFX: infected - 2 skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008031520080316\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\temp\hsperfdata_Owner\1200 Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\temp\jar_cache22314.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\temp\~DF72D8.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\temp\~DF72E9.tmp Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\temp\~DF7AB4.tmp Object is locked skipped

Scan was interrupted by user!
Sorry this has taken me so long this is what i Have ... the scan is taking forever...I ran it and had to rerun - the same number of problems have been idenfified..please help this manhole is killing me Thanks for the help
troy trey

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hello troytrey and welcome to BC :flowers:

In order to provide you with proper disinfection instructions, we need some additional information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed? Please name them.

It appears from the Kaspersky log that you downloaded Smitfraudfix. Please confirm whether or not you ran it. If you didn't, please hold off until told otherwise. If you did run it, please let us know what happened when you did.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#5 troytrey

troytrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Windows XP
Did run Smith Fraud - did not fix this "manhole"
and i run spyware protector

Thanks for the help

i mean spyware detector

thanks

I run spyware detector

thanks again

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

Hi troytrey, Let's do this......

Please download VundoFix by Attribune to your Desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
Click the Scan for Vundo button.
Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES.
Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt in your next reply.

Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove.
VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

If boopme's instructions don't clear up the infection, then please do this:

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Click 'Do a System Scan and Save logfile'.
The HJT log will open in notepad.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Core.cache.dsk is located in system32/drivers and can be cleaned up, when found by the correct tools.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users