Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STUPID modem wont work again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

My last modem would not work and now my new one gives so many errors it takes 10 mins to connect and then its super slow!!

Could it be the AMD 64?? See the box of min requirements says PENTIUM 200mhz or more.

Could there be a problem? I get so many errors but on my laptop here no error hardly ever! Im very mad too cause its taking my time up. Nothing like a slow modem but when its slower than it has ever been on a super fast pc then it gets to you.

Should I go take my modem back and get another one again?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:38 AM

What modem and what errors?
I am currently running Win2k and while dialup is fast registering computer on network takes like 2 to 3 min which is not normal.
I think thats my hdd though, also what OS are you using ?
Posted Image

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:26 PM

Check this for errors START>RUN>MSINFO32 and look for conflicts . Have you tried a different connect numbers? It maybe your ISP . BellSouth change out switching equipment here and had everyone bottlenecked to 26.6k for a couple of weeks . I see you said it is compatible with a P-I 200mhz . Is this a new or used modem ? If it is a new modem they may have updated software at the Manf. site . If you bring it back try to get a different brand . This brand may conflict with your hardware and/or software .

acklan

Edited by acklan, 17 March 2005 - 10:15 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Tyr downloading the current drivers, and if its still slow try troubleshooting it with the hardware manager.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2005 - 12:24 AM

Ok when opening a page this is what its doing! Not even using nothing like I never clicked anything.
How can I get my modem to work at 100%?

I get errors like 619 and such. But the same stuff works fine on my laptop and old pc??

Posted Image

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

Ok here is a snapshot of the error I always get! This is using the same connection number and all just like my other two computers which never get errors like this does.
Posted Image
I really need some help here. I have run out of things to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users