Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With My Compter's Sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:03 AM

my sound device is using Creative SB Live!Value (WDM),Windows XP Home SP 2,801 mhz
however....recently my computer has a sound problem....all sounds that i played have echo.....and it play very fast.....i played a song from windows media player....the song's time moved from 2sec-9sec and follows...not from wmp actually...also from website,game,etc which results in a sound echo and the audio really sounds like blah blah blah.....now the problem remains.....but i can hear no sounds anymore....the echo problem is still there....i tried reinstalling the sound driver but its still the same.....
HELP ME PLS!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dylanz Of Dylanz, 14 March 2008 - 05:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

Try a different sound card (for comparative purposes)? Do you have onboard sound?

Louis

#3 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:27 AM

sry,I'm not good at these things...wat is onboard sound?and i only have 1 sound card... :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:55 PM

Your card's over 5 years old and no longer supported by Creative. All they offer is the last updated driver from 2003 and a patch
I try just the driver first
http://us.creative.com/support
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

sry
the next day i wake up and the sound recovered.......so everything's solved now......if anything happens to my sound I'll post it here again.....
btw,thanks for your help and patience.... :thumbsup:

#6 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

Hi and welcome to the BC forums :thumbsup: !

Just some advice, if this problem arises again, be sure to post it in the Audio and Video section of BC.

Regards,
David.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users