Don't get worked up: We are all newbies at something, and we were once newbies at everything.
Please follow these instructions:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/
Please post the file C:\rapport.txt as a reply.
Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
- Now click Start
- Should you face a Security Warning that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes
- Click Start
- Note: (the Onlinescanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc)
- To do a full-scan, tick: "Remove found threats" and "Scan potentially unwanted applications"
- Press Scan
- The Onlinescan will now start and scan your pc (this could take a while)
- When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window
- Click Start >> Run... >> type: C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- The Scanresults will now open in Notepad
- Click into the text area, right-click and chose "select all" (or use +A)
- Right-click again and chose "Copy" (or +C)
- Close/Exit Notepad
- Navigate to this thread and post your log along with anything else requested from us, by right-clicking and "paste" (or ctrl+v) in the text area of the reply post you just created.
For Vista Users
: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator
" from the context menu.)When you are done, make sure you include "C:\rapport.txt" and "C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt"
- My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)