Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Sp3 Candidate 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Goingstrong

Goingstrong

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Everytime I try to install the update Candidate 2 sp3, my comp seems to get stuck in some wierd loop. After installing update, I get msg that says "access is denied". What the heck is that supposed to mean. Then I have to cancel the install, it rolls back and Microsft Update shows failed install. but then i keep getting an automated update message telling me to install (which doesn't work) and end up back where I started. How do I get rid of the auto update icon in my systray? How do I make this update work? Help!!! (computer newbie)

It does not go through with the install. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

I went through this last week...I must have tried 5 times before I was successful.

It seems to be a common enough situation, take a look at re can't install SP3 - TechNet Forums - http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...9&SiteID=17

I didn't follow the directions for the fix exactly...but I did get it to install on my next attempt.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users