Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winreanimator

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MatrixMario

MatrixMario

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi, so I just had this thing called WinReanimator and I followed the procedures in this link to get rid of it:

How to remove WinReanimator (Removal Instructions)

After I restarted, everything seems fine but I the bubble that says

Your computer is infected
Windows has detected spyware infection!

It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install most up-to-date antispyware for you.

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!

So yeah, =/ I looked at another site where you can delete it manually and it said to delete the following:

WinReanimator.exe from Processes
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall WinReanimator from Regedit
C:\Program Files\WinReanimator\WinReanimator.exe
C:\Program Files\WinReanimator\

Well, I tried to look for these but I can't seem to find it... =/ I think the Malwarebytes already deleted it. But I just can't seem to get rid of the bubble from the bottom right on the taskbar! ARGH! Can someone help me please! =) Thanks in advance.

{Repaired Malware removal link}

Edited by boopme, 13 March 2008 - 07:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Please follow the instructions here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/

Please post the log SmitFraudFix creates here. It will be located at c:\rapport.txt

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users