They've sent me over here because they think the problem has to do with registry. Your help is much appreciated.
My Flashplayer was having problem for the past 3 months, and I finally got fed up with it and tried to find a solution to the problem. I came across a website with some suggestions, I clicked onto a link which told me it will clear my registry (or somewhere along the line) then reinstall Flashplayer. Everything was fine until I turn on my computer the next morning. Here was what I found:
1. Windows suggested my OS is a counterfeited copy - which is not the case as I got it from Toshiba brand new 2 years ago. I've done update everyweek and the message has never popped up before.
2. When click on Norton AntiVirus, it opens but it's blank and I can not scan
3. I can go onto the internet, but anything that I need to "login" to, I can't do. Ie: if I go to gmail.com it will take me to a page that said the page can't be open.
4. I tried scanning the computer with Adaware, it said it was infected with win32.trojan.killproc. I press delete, and scanned again, it showed nothing aftewards. But the problem I have with the computer's still there.
5. Other than these problems, my computer seem to still be able to work. All my software are running with no significant slowing down in speed. It might be just the calm befor the storm...
I found this forum and I thought I will try to post my hijackthis log and see whether someone could help.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by usasma, 13 March 2008 - 07:13 PM.
***Deleted HJT Log File***