Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:02 PM
I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition which came preinstalled on my new computer. The computer is a Gateway Quadcore (GT5662), and I've had it less than a month. The printer is also new and is a Lexmark (X5495). It was set up at the same time as my new Gateway. I had a diagnostic check on my computer by a technician from Geek Squad. He came to my home to do the diagnostic check, and he also is the one that installed the software for my printer. The printer did work when the technician printed out my reports, and it did work the first one or two times I used it. Since then, this is the message that I get when I try to print:
"Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."
Windows has not notified me of a solution. Eventually I've been able to get the documents to print, but it takes forever to get to that point. I'm also not sure what makes it finally print once the problem has started.
So, my questions are:
1. What is causing this message to appear?
2. Is this something that can be fixed?
3. If it can be fixed, how do I fix it?
4. Is this a problem with my new computer or printer?
5. Is this something that Geek Squad should be fixing since I was told that there were no problems with my computer after he did the diagnostic check?
Thank you very much for the help. It's much appreciated!