Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With A Solidex Dvr04 4 Channel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Old-un

Old-un

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

Here is the spec of my computer--AMD Athlon ™ XP 2200
with 1.21 gb of RAM .Hard drive 16gb with 4.62gb free.
Display Adaptor SiS 661Fx- Monitor HP Pavilion Mx70
Windows XP Pro version 2002 SP2 fully updated.

Problem:-

When the DVR is connected to the PC for the purpose of obtaining a copy of an event,
{ C.C.T.V.} the viewer shows a stream stored on the hard drive, this screen can be saved as a JPEG file by pressing the capture button, however in this case the result is as shown in Fig 2 .

The correct image is as shown in Fig 1, but this was taken using Prnt.Scrn.
The DVR is a Solidex DVR04 4 channel with 160gb hard drive,the software is PCViewer vers.3.8.0.

This is a problem of a friend of mine; I have installed it on my computer, which is a slower spec and it works with no problem WHY?.

Fig 1 Posted Image

Fig 2 Posted Image

Old-un

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Could be drivers...malware...something else that impacts your friend's computer, but doesn't impact yours.

What program was used to capture the bad image...that's where I would start, particularly if Print Screen does capture successfully.

Check for updates?

And...there's always the possibility of file corruption, which sometimes can be cured by uninstalling the affected program and then reinstalling it.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2008 - 12:54 PM.

#3 Old-un

Old-un
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hamluis

The program was the one that came with the hardware, I works OK on my computer so can it still be drivers?

It is not the sort of program that you install you just have to copy the content of the disc to the hard drive.

Old-un

Edited by Old-un, 13 March 2008 - 07:25 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Well...that program has its own set of drivers...all firewalls, AV programs, video-editors/capture programs, and graphics editors have their own drivers...which can become corrupt and impact how the program operates.

I forgot to mention that many (if not all) music file programs have their own drivers :thumbsup:.

And...I could be offbase, but those are the lines of approach that I would take.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users