, This is a fix from the Windows XP Newsgroup, written by a MS-MVP.Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed"
If tweaking your third-party firewall's settings don't help, try the
1. Disable Norton AntiVirus, any real-time protection provided by an
anti-spyware application (except
for Windows Defender; includes Spybot Tea
Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable the Norton
firewall and enable the Windows Firewall.*Note
: You're "working without a net" now: Don't to anything
else online (e.g.,
browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled!
2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
3. Re-do #1 above.
4. Open/run Windows Update and install any Critical Updates offered. If
"Root Certificates" update is listed in the Optional Updates category, you
might install it, too, to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.
5. Reboot. Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable your third-party
If no joy....
1. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
Norton software via Add/Remove Programs.
2. Enable the Windows Firewall.
3. Run this removal tool:http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039
4. Reboot and immediately
install an Antivirus program, such as AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
, Avast! 4 Home Edition
or another Antivirus of your choice.
5. Manually update your new anti-virus application then run a full system
Do your problems persist now?