Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipaq Frozen Boot/dropped Pda Like An Idiot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spaceship9

spaceship9

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

I dropped my iPaq a few days ago and didn't think much of it, but when I tried to turn it on today, it booted extremely slowly to about half way, then the PDA froze and the screen continued to display the same half boot image until the battery died/was removed.
I think I royally screwed it over, but is there any DIY method to recover the system?
I don't mind voiding the warranty (it's long over) or destroying the system (seeing as it doesn't work anyway)
if there's no DIY method to recover it, who/how would I go to get it repaired within a week? And about how much would it cost?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

I dropped my iPaq a few days ago and didn't think much of it, but when I tried to turn it on today, it booted extremely slowly to about half way, then the PDA froze and the screen continued to display the same half boot image until the battery died/was removed.
I think I royally screwed it over, but is there any DIY method to recover the system?
I don't mind voiding the warranty (it's long over) or destroying the system (seeing as it doesn't work anyway)
if there's no DIY method to recover it, who/how would I go to get it repaired within a week? And about how much would it cost?

Is there a restart button on your PDA? If there is, hit it and see if it can restart again. I've dropped my pda a few times and it still works without any issue.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users