Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Software To Strip Voice Off A Song

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GA_crazy_shamz

GA_crazy_shamz

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

hey guys,
do you know of any programs tht can take the voice off a song?? free one wud be good!
thnx

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2011 - 04:30 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Audio/Video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hello,

As far as i'm aware, you will need professional hardware and some expensive software to acomplish that.
If you want to try you would need to download a good media player, then experiment with the equaliser trying to drop certain sounds then using a tool like audacity you can record the altered song. It wont be perfect.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

Open source browse through and see if there's anything
http://sourceforge.net/karaoke
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

I don't think this can be done with any freeware apps. Also, I second what nigglesnush85 said. Alternatively, you can get a copy of the song that is the instrumental version.

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

AnalogX's Vocal Remover claims to do the trick. It's ActiveX and I haven't figured out how to use it yet but the feedback has been good.
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#6 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

might be able to try to find an old ver of cool edit pro ... adobe bought it and it is now called adobe audition. it will do the trick, i have used it before to do just what you are talking about.

#7 Snyper_Syndrome

Snyper_Syndrome

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

that analog is bull , it doesn't work and when you do get it to work you can still hear the vocals in the back round

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

I've tried this for years...I agree with original post by Nigglesnush85, it's not worth the effort, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users