Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emailing Videos From Digital Camera

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mygateway

mygateway

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

I recently bought a digital camera and have been trying to email some videos from it. I can get them from the camera to my pc just fine, however, when I try to attach them via email (yahoo and hotmail) it just kicks me off the internet?
Thanks
IE7
Windows Vista
IE7
Windows Vista

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baric

Baric

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

How big is the video? Anything over a couple of megabytes and you're going to have a problem. It's like trying to mail a Mack truck through the US Postal Service.

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

Most ISP's/web based email accounts restrict the size of email attachments. You'd be better off uploading the video to Rapidshare (or any file sharing site) which will give you the links to send to your recipient and they can then download it. If it's a large video, you can use WinRar to spit it up into manageable parts too.

#4 mygateway

mygateway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

How big is the video? Anything over a couple of megabytes and you're going to have a problem. It's like trying to mail a Mack truck through the US Postal Service.

Its 43MB.
IE7
Windows Vista

#5 mygateway

mygateway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

Most ISP's/web based email accounts restrict the size of email attachments. You'd be better off uploading the video to Rapidshare (or any file sharing site) which will give you the links to send to your recipient and they can then download it. If it's a large video, you can use WinRar to spit it up into manageable parts too.

The video itself is only about 45 seconds. Are these file sharing sites secure?
IE7
Windows Vista

#6 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

43MB isn't real big. You could send it in one file. But if the recipients are on dial up, it'll take awhile to download.

Uh, I guess they're as secure as anything on the web. You could encrypt your file for added protection. Millions use Rapidshare.

When you upload it, you will also be given a delete link. So after everybody gets it, you can then delete the file.

#7 mygateway

mygateway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

43MB isn't real big. You could send it in one file. But if the recipients are on dial up, it'll take awhile to download.

Uh, I guess they're as secure as anything on the web. You could encrypt your file for added protection. Millions use Rapidshare.

When you upload it, you will also be given a delete link. So after everybody gets it, you can then delete the file.

I didn't think it was that big, however, yahoo nor hotmail will allow me to send it. I will try rapid share. Thank you. :thumbsup:
IE7
Windows Vista

#8 mygateway

mygateway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

I just went to rapidshare.com

Which upload do I use?
Cogent?
Level(3)?
Telia?

Thanks again
IE7
Windows Vista

#9 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

That choice is for uploading multiple files at one time. I don't use rapidshare enough to know if one server is faster than the other. So, if you've divided your video into parts, choose any one of them to add all the files at once for uploading, or use the default choice that already has a black mark in the circle by its name. You don't have to pick either of the three if you only have one file to upload. Just browse to it on you computer to insert it at rapidshare and click "upload".

After the file is uploaded, rapidshare will list the download link and the delete link for you. From there you can use rapidshare to email the link to whomever...or you can copy and paste the link(s) into your own email program and send it to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users