Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help,windows Xp Cannot Boot Up!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNight

DarkNight

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:18 AM

Hi there

Few days ago,I went away for a holiday
after I came back,my Windows XP turn evil!
Instead the usual Windows XP boot screen,it load up something else said "Winutuxu"
I know that Winutuxu is a hacked WIndows XP to look like Linux(I seen the screenshots of it before) so I wonder how to get on my computer,so far haven't figure that part out.
Anyway,after it load up Winutuxu thing,it have BSOD and said some error(cannot remember it) and it ask me to do a FDISK check.Since I have no Windows XP disc I didn't do it

Today,it said something else,instead of loading the screen,it just go straight saying that there is something wrong with my hardware.
I know my original Windows XP is still exist,because in Xubuntu(I dual boot) I saw that it was still there,with some of my stuff(which I quickly copy over to my external drive)

I know this sound very mix up :thumbsup: for some reason,the grub thing keep shouting to Wintuxu instead of Windows XP.I check the grub menu thing and it is point to the Windows XP partition

What am I going to do?Is there any software that I can burn to the disc and fix it?

I really apologize if you can't followed what I type down here :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

From what I see...no reputable (IMO) site has any info on this.

If you got it via a torrent, we all know the risks with torrents being something other than what they are held out to be.

I think I'd treat it like an infection and post in the Am I Infected section of this websitee or post a HJT log in that section.

Louis

#3 DarkNight

DarkNight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

I never download it,that the funny part!!

anyway,I think I go there like you said

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

a few points; when you went on hols was the computer switched off and turned off and unplugged or did you leave it turned on and connected to the internet ?

and does anyone else have access to or could have had acccess to the computer while you were away?

#5 DarkNight

DarkNight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 232 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

um..it's off and unplug when on hols and the only person I could think of is my uncle(but he already swore that he didn't do it)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users