Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:48 AM
recently my computer is suffering from serious lag-ness after i fiddled around with msconfig. although i've reset it to load all device drivers again already.. the problem still stays.
1. it stays at the first boot-up screen for quite a few seconds.
2. it takes around 6seconds again before it goes to the windows loading screen.
3. it takes around 2mins for it to finish loading all my startup items, where i've already removed all non-essential startups ( before that, with the same startup items, it took less den 15s to load everything and back to idle )
4. there's a rundll error, where they cannot find one of the following dll files. it ends with "ntfy.dll" i tried to search for it on the net, but to no avail. that's why i feel puzzled about it.
5. i took a glimpse at the processes, there doesn't seem to be any suspicious service running.
6. now i can't even connect to the internet, my connection cannot be found in network connections. when i tried to run ipconfig, it couldn't query my hostname. i'm now using the office com. ( hence i can't post the HijackThis log here )
7. i did a full system scan with nod32 & spysweeper, wiped out everything but problem remains.
what could be the problem?
here are the specifications of the computer : ( relatively new com )
intel e2160 + gigabyte ds3L
kingston 2gb ddr667
xfx 7600gt ddr3
WD 160gb sata + hitachi 160gb pata
tdk 48x cdwriter