Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Keeps Restarting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lanny25

Lanny25

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:53 AM

Help me explorer.exe keeps restarting every2-3 seconds.I have tried Vundofix but it doesnt detect any infection.Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Devil_Himself

Devil_Himself

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:54 AM

Click Start, click Run, type eventvwr.msc in the Open box, and then press Enter.
Click the Application category.

Look For Recent Errors > Double Click on them > Another Windows Will open > On the Right Side use the Double Notepad icon to copy the error paste them here

#3 Lanny25

Lanny25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

This was the only event that did not have "i" sign

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 60
Date: 12-03-2008
Time: 15:36:00
User: N/A
Computer: SHAN
Description:
WMI ADAP was unable to process the performance libraries: 0x80041001

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

Hi Lanny25 and :flowers: to BC :thumbsup: !

Do you have any anti-virus software running and have you ran a virus scan?

Also, are you running Xp Home or Pro?

After looking on the internet about this problem, I have foudn that most of the people who experienced this problem, had some sort of malware. I would suggest posting a log in the HijackThis logs and Malware Removal forum, where one of our experienced HJT Team members will be able to help you out and see if it is malware related. Also, please DO NOT post the log here.

Regards,
David.

Edited by david28, 12 March 2008 - 05:29 AM.

#5 Lanny25

Lanny25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hello David and thanks for the suggestions.I have scanned my computer with Avast with updated Virus definitions but nothing found spybot too found nothing.I have posted my log in the HJT forum also.

Thanks for your help

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

Now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users