Hello yukmouf and welcome to BC
when did you last fully update it and run a full scan with it?
My nortons was outdated so I picked up a new copy of Nortons 360and PC Tools Spyware Doctor and after several tries it seemed to get rid of everything.
I would say that yukmouf's Norton is current and that it was run shortly before posting.
Given that you posted initially in the XP forum, I'm going to assume that you are running Windows XP. Please confirm. Also, are you running the Home or Pro edition, and do you have Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2 installed?
At this point, I would like you to run a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode
. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. You may wish to print out these directions or copy them to notepad so you have them available in Safe Mode.
Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware
Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes
· Under Configuration
, click the Preferences
· Click the Scanning Control
· Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked:
- Close browsers before scanning
- Scan for tracking cookies
- Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close
button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software
click Scan your computer
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive
· On the right, under Complete Scan
, choose Perform Complete Scan
· Click Next
to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes
Reboot into Normal Mode
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences
. Click the Statistics/Logs
o Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.
Please post the log in your next reply.
Please tell us what alerted you to the presence of the infection. Please describe any popups, ads etc., what they said, looked lik, etc. Also, please tell us what Norton and Spyware Doctor found. This information will help greatly in providing the correct disinfection procedures.