Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Outlook

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 woodman

woodman

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hello

I am trying to set up outlook 2003 (XP) but I am having serious trouble.

I have set up a new profile in order to access via my works Microsoft Exchange Server and all my details are entered correctly including my work server etc.

My server and user name will not underline so when I start Outlook it will not connect.

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards

Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

Could your work server possibly be located behind a firewall, and, if so, does you work admin provide an alternate port to bypass any firewall issues? And, if you are not sure, you may just want to try port 443, using RPC over HTTP (actually HTTPS) and see if it works.

Edited by ucanfixit, 11 March 2008 - 06:12 PM.

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

You may have to install a VPN to get to your work. Most of the time, exchange is not shared publicly due to security concerns.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:37 AM

First question I have is your XP PC logged into the domain?
MCP
MSDST

#5 woodman

woodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:10 AM

Monty

I am not sure to that question. How can I check and what should I do. I have followed all the settings from my old computer but that has not worked.

Many thanks

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users