Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Will Not Load.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 onalandline

onalandline

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

I had Internet Explorer 7 installed, and then decided (mistake) to install Internet Explorer 8 (beta). I didn't like it, so I did a sytem restore to the point before installing IE 8. I'm not sure if that was the best thing to do since now IE 7 opens a window, displays nothing, and then disappears. It is like it is trying to load, then gives up. I re-installed IE 7 from the Microsoft website, but the problem still occurs - no error messages - just doesn't load. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Eric

Support Our Troops!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

I would try sfc /scannow, then do a repair on IE 7...on the the hope that it's some other file that is really the problem.

You never know with a beta, what's happening to the system.

Louis

#3 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Was there an uninstaller that came with that IE8 alpha (not worth the title of Beta in my opinion) and, if so, did you use it? Also, see here if your OS is Vista: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/03/07/h...8-ie8-in-vista/

Edited by ucanfixit, 11 March 2008 - 04:54 PM.

#4 onalandline

onalandline
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the replies. I used add/remove to remove IE7 and then re-installed it from the update website. It works fine now. Thanks again.

P.S. I probably should have used the add/remove to get rid of IE8 beta, but I did a restore. That probably caused the problems.

Support Our Troops!

#5 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Good for you and we really appreciate you responding with your success story.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Glad you solved it, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users