Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Won't Let Me Save Downloads.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NeilNDMay

NeilNDMay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

This is the problem that brought me to this site in the first place.

I know it's probably something silly that I'm missing but for the life of me I can't solve the issue.

A client of mine uses Internet Explorer 6 and really doesn't want to change her browser. Thing is, when she tries to download (even if she says 'save target as') the download prompt comes up asking to run, save or cancel, she clicks save, and the window disappears and nothing happens. There are no error messages, just... nothing.

I've updated IE, reinstalled, and even tweaked the registry and still no joy. The firewall and antivirus programs were disabled while testing so they're not getting in the way. Everything else works fine (and firefox can download without an issue).

I'll take any advice I can get right now because it's driving me nuts.

Oh yes: Windows XP Pro, SP 2 (and plenty of HHD space). :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jase07

jase07

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

does the download finishes after the download windows is gone?

did you checked the folder where you saved the downloaded file?

did you checked the box that says: " close this dialog box when download completes?

Edited by jase07, 11 March 2008 - 10:21 AM.

#3 NeilNDMay

NeilNDMay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

Ok... at the dialog box that says 'Run, Save, Cancel', I click Save and it disappears. I don't get a chance to save to a specific location and the download doesn't take place. I may as well click Cancel.

And no, the check box isn't the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users