Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryp_tap-2 / Virtumonde

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 arayante

arayante

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

I'm having an issue with a stubborn infection of Cryp_Tap-2/Virtumonde. It's on a user's computer, and usually these things aren't too difficult to fix but our IT dept is very small and nobody seems able to cure this one. The combofix log is attached.

I've already tried using VundoFix and Virtumondebegone to no avail.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arayante

arayante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

I'm having doubts that this is going to be replied to, but that's ok. We've recovered all of the important data from the computer and will be reformatting it. Please disregard this issue if it hasn't been already, unless of course there is a danger of Cryp_tap-2 existing after the format.

#3 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users