Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Generic host process for win32 services" problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiberia

Tiberia

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:24 PM

Winxp SP2 with Zone Alarm pro as firewall..

Now zone alarm pro shows the "Generic host process for win32 services" always active and sending and receiving some thing to some one...may be to Microsoft... don't know...
My question is that why the "Generic host process for win32 services" always sends and receives some sort of data to some unknown destination...
Now i know that I can't disable “Generic host process for win32 services" because this way i lose my connection to my ISP...
So what does the “Generic host process for win32 services” sends and receive and to whom it sends it...
Even if windows Automatic Update is disabled it still is always active...
Please some one help ////
is the "Generic host process for win32 services" sending my personal info to some one else...

:inlove: this is a big B.S stupid problem for me...
:cool: And because of this i am not using the stupid winxp...
Thanx...

:flowers: :) :) :thumbsup: :) :trumpet: :P

Edited by Tiberia, 16 March 2005 - 01:27 PM.

"Tiberia"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:13 AM

Generic host processes for win 32 are, well . . . generic. It services several processes necessary to connect to the internet, and if you block it, you won't be doing much. DNS lookups and http are some of those services.

#3 Tiberia

Tiberia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:39 AM

Generic host processes for win 32 are, well . . . generic. It services several processes necessary to connect to the internet, and if you block it, you won't be doing much. DNS lookups and http are some of those services.

Heh I also said that it is the combination of different processes...:thumbsup: :cool:
but this is not my question...
I asked that why the Generic host process for win32 services always sends and recieves data to some unknown destination even when the autoupdate is disabled...
what it sends and what it recieves...
if this is a problems with other winxp users also...then please tell me...

:trumpet: :inlove: :flowers: :) :P
"Tiberia"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users