Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Software Downloads

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 katdfinns

katdfinns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

:thumbsup:

I sometimes download software from Kim Komandos coolsites. Recently, I've been checking downloads. Does anyone know if the Kim Komando site checks out the sites. I'm interested in one called jing. Any information will be helpful. i'm getting really shy about just downloading something just because someone says it's good. I'm glad I found this site.

Thankx, Katdfinns

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:22 PM

If you use IE or Firefox, one of the best things you can do is download the McAfee Site Advisor plug-in and turn on the "highlight search results link" under settings. Then, before you visit a site, enter it into Google and view the search results. A green link indicates it is OK, an Orange/Yellow link means proceed with caution and additional details are provided, and a Red link is a no-no with additional details as well. Researching a site in this manner gives you the benefit of a McAfee analysis that is based on a large internet community that has visited the site before and I have yet to find them wrong. Download here: http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrade.html...t_type=IEPlugin

Just an FYI that I pugged jiing into Google and all the links came up as green.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users