Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mateojack100

mateojack100

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

I've tried multiple discs and my CD drive wont read them. When I try to run the games my computer says please make sure the disc is in the drive so I'm stressin abuot this now because I'm supposed to participate in an online team Battlefield 2142 League match this friday. I also noticed that when I put the disc in and shut the disc drive it makes this nasty grinding noise like when you take a vacuum cleaner over a pile of popcorn kernels on the floor. I took the disc out and haven't tried again because it sounded like it might ruin the disc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Did it work previously and just stopped working recently? And, were you ever able to read some of the discs before but you can't read them now? If so, it sounds like your CD drive might be malfunctioning and/or the opticals may require cleaning. Also, that noise you are hearing is typical when a disc cannot be read (either because the player or the disc is malfunctioning).
See here for additional information:
http://tech.yahoo.com/gd/pc-troubleshootin...d-a-disc/166317

Edited by ucanfixit, 10 March 2008 - 08:10 PM.

#3 mateojack100

mateojack100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

It did work before I recently got a trojan infection and maybe it's a coincidence but I have an inkling it has something to do with that.

#4 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:47 AM

You're probably right but you should nave included that important information in your first post. Good luck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users