Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Sturrering Sound

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wrinklymike

wrinklymike

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

I have a Canon 730i Mini DV Camcorder.

I transferred a video into Windows Moviemaker but the sound stutters then catches up then stutters again.

This only occurs on the pc, in the camera the video plays back normally with no stuttering.

My PC runs Vista home premium with Intel core2 quad processor 1066mhz 2.40 ghz, mobo LGA775, Realtec ALC888 sound card.

Spec can be seen here:

http://www.packardbell.co.uk/products/desk...X08301-900.html

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

Others have reported a similar problem in the past and have abandoned the use of WMM because of it; however, I do have one small suggestion for you to try and that would be to Open WMM, go to Tools (top), click on Options, click on the Compatibility Tab and "uncheck" every box you see. This will disable all non-Microsoft decoders and possible conflicts as well. Try it and let us know.

#3 wrinklymike

wrinklymike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:14 AM

I'll try that and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your interest.

I have also been advised to check for driver updates for the realtek sound card.

Mike

#4 wrinklymike

wrinklymike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

Once more I finally did it.

Steps in the precess:-

1. Load Studio Plus 10.1 onto Pc
2. Download 45mins of updates from Pinnacle for Studio pLus 10.6
3. Run installer
4. Retrieve serial from e-mail received from Pinnacle.
5. Set up camera type speed etc in Studio Plus
6. Download password for MPEG and DOLBY2 drivers
7. Wait for what seemed like hours then run prog and start video.
*. And it worked, thats darn near four days messing with this thing.

many thanks to all.

#5 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for getting back to us. So, I'm assuming it was the Studio updates that fixed the problem? And by the way, did you ever get to try my previous suggestion?

#6 wrinklymike

wrinklymike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Oh yes, I tried your advice with no change. It looks like WMM does NOT work as it should.

It was along slog getting Studio to update and all the bells and whistles but it was worth it.

I am new to video but I have already played about editing and adding music etc.

Edited by wrinklymike, 12 March 2008 - 03:23 AM.

#7 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

Thanks again... but your original post never mentioned that Studio was involved. I really thought you were trying to do a direct capture into WMM so I guess I am still at a loss as to how Studio fixed your problem. Anyway, I don't want to beat this dead horse too long because the good news is that you got it working!

Edited by ucanfixit, 11 March 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#8 wrinklymike

wrinklymike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:22 AM

Originally I was using WMM but it would not work, so after two or three days I tried an old XP version of Studio that was rejected by Vista as incompatible. I was so fed up I just clicked the " install incompatible software" anyway. This locked up quite often so I spent days searching for a possible update as stated on the Pinnacle Web site. HIdden away was a free update from 10.1 to 10.6!

Studio was the second string, so your original support was most helpful in rejecting trying to use. WMM.

Thanks again, being a member of this forum has encouraged me to keep trying other solutions, and as yo will see from my posts it worked twice for me. Scanner trouble and now WMM/Studio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users