Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound After Windows Xp Instalation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leol

leol

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Sound was befor instalation and after but then his gone.
I have Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller.
Motherboard P4M266-8233-6A6LWPR...
I've tryed some driver program ( I have not soft programs for PC it's from 2002 not new)to instal driver but in time of installing this program
said next: VIA AC 97 Audio Chipset is not found on this system !

Please help me.Thank you very much.

Edited by leol, 10 March 2008 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

If I have decoded your mobo numbers correctly, you have a VIA P4M266 mobo using a VT8233 South Bridge. If that is correct, then your drivers are here: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageI...mp;SubCatID=104

Edited by ucanfixit, 10 March 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#3 leol

leol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

Thank you very much.
Now I've tryed viaarena.com and in time of installing this program
said next: VIA AC 97 Audio Chipset is not found on this system !
But I want to say I have EVEREST and this program detected
all my drivers and so VIA AC 97 Audio Chipset .What does it mean?

#4 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

That should be the correct drivers if you are using the integrated mobo sound; however, if you have a PCI sound card, that would explain your situation. So, now I have two additional questions:

1 - Are your using a PCI sound card and, if so, what is the exact model number of the card? And if you are and can identify the manufacturer, then try going to their website and download their drivers for the specific card in question.

2 - Sometimes a generic VIA Sound driver will not work on a mobo from another manufacturer so could you please confirm who actually made your mobo? And if it is a different manufacturer than VIA, please visit their website for your integrated sound drivers.

Edited by ucanfixit, 10 March 2008 - 11:28 AM.

#5 leol

leol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

I think my sound card on motherboard.
Everest said that multimediya has Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller.
There is a chep: VT1611A and people say it's can help me by this number i can find my sound driver and
now I'll be watching.
thanks again please be with me.
I ' ve done.
Thank you who was with me.Thank you very much.
REGARDS.

Edited by leol, 10 March 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#6 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Are you running the windows 98 operating system? If so, you really got me on that one! Just Google for "vt1611a chipset drivers" and you'll find some site that will still have those old drivers and if you can't, just go to the mobo manufacturer's site and download them there. Have a nice day....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users