Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Upload Tool

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 txishome

txishome

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hi Everyone

I have a new HP notebook. I am unable to upload photos on my Hotmail account. When I click to go to photo attachments all I get are 600 blank squares where my photos exist. It has to be something unique to this computer because if I use the function on my Dell it works fine. The Dell is old and may crash at any time, though. Any suggestions? Sooooooooooooo frustrating. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:22 AM

I too have an HP notebook (dv9000 series).

What browser are you using? Firefox, IE6, IE7?

If you are using Firefox, there is a known issue with Windows Live Mail *formerly hotmail*...

switch to classic mode... see if that helps... If not let me know...
Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

#3 txishome

txishome
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

I'm using IE 7. I had MSN techs, Hotmail techs, and HP techs trying to help. Finally all they came up with was to load my photos into the "documents" file and upload from there. I had no trouble from that file, only from "pictures". Weird. It still won't work.

#4 jcp411

jcp411

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

I'd say try doing it in Firefox next. See if you have the same problem.

#5 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:43 PM

Depending on what version of windows you have, your pictures folder may need to re-create the thumbnails.... I forget how to do it in vista, but under XP, delete the THUMBS.DB file and go to VIEW > REFRESH.
Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users