Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager Disabled

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arun_syakty

arun_syakty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem with my system. I am using a laptop for personal use, no one else uses other than me. It so happened when i tried opening task manager i got an error message sayin YOUR TASK MANAGER IS BEEN DISABLED BY YOUR ADMINISTRATOR. What should i do now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arun_syakty

arun_syakty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hi all,

I have recently connected wirless internet connection. Prior to internet connection my had system had virus and i completely formatted the system. It was alright till then. From last one week i am facing a problem with my sytem. I always get the error message your system is attacked by virus. Though i have kaspersy anti virus and update regularly, i don't know still i face the error message saying VIRUS.

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

Please follow the How to remove SmitFraud instructions.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 aicarian

aicarian

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hi Arun,

I also faced the same problem last year. According to me download Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.321 from their website, update it fully and run a full scan. Please uninstall ur prvious antivirus before installing KIS. But do some changes in ur Kaspersky-- In settings click scan>> action -- choose donot prompt for action. Then click customize in the same and choose scan all files under file types and password protected files under compound files. Finally click apply same for all the scan task settings.

I am sure that ur task manager will start working.
Thanks & Regards
aicarian

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

This user does not own kaspersky.

Lets see what SmitFraudFix turns up before moving on to general fixes.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

Hello arun_syakty and welcome to BC :flowers:

In order to provide you with the proper disinfection procedures, we need more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What security programs do you have installed? Please name them.

Are you experiencing other issues besides the Task Manager problems?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 arun_syakty

arun_syakty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestion and advices, i was able to overcome the problem of virus. I found the solution by scanning the system, there were few hidden files in C drive which the anti-virus couldn't recongise. Once i removed hidden status of the folder, the anti-virus was able to remove all the infection, and now the system is completely alright.

thanks and regards
Arun S

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hello arun_syakty,

I'm glad that things seem cleared up. Thanks for letting us know. Some of the malware may have been saved in System Restore. To prevent possible reinfection, lets flush the restore points.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users