Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Or What? I Am Confused. Please Help Me Out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aicarian

aicarian

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

Hi
I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.321 trial. 10 days ago my laptop was running without any antivirus program. I visited some good websites, facebook, orkut etc. When i ran the full scan of KIS in my system it has shown some threats like
1. (virus Worm.VBS.Small.n File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\VirusRemoval.vbs);
2. quarantined: virus Heur.Trojan.Generic (modification) File: C:\Documents and Settings\Abhijeet\My Documents\My eBooks\ANTI-VIRUSES\bitdefender\bitdefender_internetsecurity_2008_32b.exe/bdis.msi//bdprof.cab.AE3C3951_7A91_4185_B6E7_BA9F78BFE365/IEShow.exe)
3.Trojan.Win32.Agent.fvr File: C:\Documents and Settings\Abhijeet\Local Settings\Temp\TMP.EXE
4.Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.kd File: C:\Documents and Settings\Abhijeet\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\EVFRKAHX\stats[1].htm

I have neutralized all the above threats through Kaspersky Internet Security. But now my laptop shows two errors
1. virusremovalVBSn script not found
2. Windowhost settings change

later threat has been quarantined. Now, whenever i used to open my internet explorer 7 there is some www.safyway.blogspot.com appears on top left of the internet explorer bar
Is this is caused due to antivirus program or it is a aftermath of virus attack? I want to get rid of these problems.
It is requested you to please help me out. I am waiting for your urgernt reply.

With regards,
AICARIAN

Edited by aicarian, 10 March 2008 - 01:58 AM.

Thanks & Regards
aicarian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aicarian

aicarian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

I think nobody has the solution of my problem. No one has posted the solution of my problem.
Its disgusting.

If u people are unable to understand my problem, pls ask me wht do u want to know????
Thanks & Regards
aicarian

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

hello and welcom to this site Posted Image

lets start by finding out which version of windows you are running , is it fully updated ?
before a suggestion is made to run another antivirus program

I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.321 trial

when does this 'trial' run out and how fully protected do you beleive yourself to be with it IN the trial version??

how do you connect to the internet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users