Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Guess I'm The Kid On The Block

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JMBBurrows

JMBBurrows

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

Retired :thumbsup:

Since I am retired I now have been blessed to be able to pursue my lives passion and that is training dogs. I have been training dogs every since my husband purchased my first German Shepherd that was an import from Germany. That by the way was in 1967 when we were stationed in Florida. That is when it all began.

I live with five dogs and three parrots, and yes they are all house pets. I have two GSD's, one Doberman, one JRT and one darling rescue dog. Between my Fur Kids and my three parrots I stay busy. Once the weather gets nicer, ( Spring can come anytime now!) I will start up the dog obedience classes again.

I live here in the beautiful Ozarks in Missouri. It is truly beautiful here, I love the rural settings here as well as the people who live here. The name of my town that I live in is called Licking Missouri, it was named after the deer licks people use to put out in order for them to hunt the deer for a good food supply. Deer hunting and fishing still remains the two favorite sports here.

I enjoy this computer that my son gave to me for Christmas last year, it is a Windows XP professional, Service Pack two. There are just times that things happen on this computer and I'm not sure what to do. I think that this is the correct site to come and get the help that I need.

Looking forward to learning from all of you

Blessings To All,
Joyce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Welcome JMBBurrows :flowers:
You really did come to the right place. Originally when I had a malware infection in December 2007 (what fun. I spent all of Winter Break fixing :thumbsup: ) and put an SOS here, I intended to do, be done with, and forget the site. Not true!
After the problem was swiftly fixed, I come on here at least three times a day to check on the latest news and tidbits on computers. I also ask for help regarding anything else I have trouble with, and gladly offer help to others in need.
So welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I certainly did :trumpet:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hello, Joyce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users