Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use Filezilla To Transfer Files To Blogger.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

I recently offered to help a friend host some files on my blog so she and her friends could download it without having to wait for download times like on the file hosting services. I thought it was easy but was I wrong.
I have FileZilla Client and the FileZilla Server installed. That's about all that I know how to do. Will someone that knows how to do it (that's also very very patient) teach me how to upload files with FileZilla to a Blogger site?
Thank you very much :thumbsup:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

Try this tutorial and then come back with questions on any specific areas where you are stuck: http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingstarte...wtoupload.shtml

#3 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for a swift reply :flowers: I looked up some other sites, but they weren't as intelligble as yours.
I understand everything up to the FTP server. I looked on Blogger's help section, and it says to check with the hosting provider. So who is the hosting provider, and how can I contact them to get the server name? Blogger help uses ftp.example.com as the site, but I don't think that's correct.
Next, what is the username and password? Do I need one? If so, how do I make one?
Questions over. Thank you for the immediate help, hope to hear from you soon :thumbsup:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#4 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

The hosting provider is where you will ftp your files to. I have no idea who that is, so you will just have to take the time to investigate that yourself. Most hosting sites have a "contact us" link so you can start there. Once you find the correct source, they will be able to give you the real ftp location and advise you whether or not you can ftp annonymously or via a user name and password.

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:39 PM

I see. Will the FTP cost money to maintain?

#6 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

FTP is a function that you use to upload files to a server. Any associated charges, if applicable, would come from the hosting provider for allowing you to use their server space for blogging and file storage.

#7 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:49 PM

Now all my questions have bee answer :thumbsup: You've been a huge help.
Thanks!

#8 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Good luck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users