Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bbarrjr

bbarrjr

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Have XP Home machine that is running sluggish in both applications and internet. Also stopped running a flying simulator. When you start the program you get a dialog box that says bad sector, corrupt program, or virus.
Can't unistall via program or add remove programs. Delete program file and regisry in hkey local machine>software.

What do you need from me. Am I in the right forum

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 March 2008 - 11:17 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:40 AM

Have you tried the suggestions in this topic:
Slow Computer?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 bbarrjr

bbarrjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

OK I have looked at the Slow Computer suggestions and completed to the best of my ability.
Adaware
clean disk
scandisk
defrag
Optimize PC Pitstop

The computer runs much better but I still get an error tryin to run 1 program. the error is

This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.

I have used add remove program to remove the program, search through the registry and removed items from this program, reinstalled and get the same result. Appears to be this program only. It is not the install disks cause I loaded it on another machine and the problem just showed up. Was working then this error.

any help?

Bob

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,564 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

Program and version?

Louis

#5 bbarrjr

bbarrjr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

RealFlight R/C Flight Simulator
ver 3

Windows XP Home w/ ser pk 2

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,564 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Seems to me that you ought to be investigating at http://www.gpsoftware.com/

To me, there seems to be some conflict between this program and your O/S...or this program and a driver...or this program and some other program installed.

If it were me, I would use Event Viewer to try to define the problem more clearly. If I could not, I'd just remove the program from my O/S, since it's an anomaly.

What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html

As for system sluggishness...that comes from many things.

10 Reasons Why Your Computer Runs Slow - - http://www.bestsecuritytips.com/xfsection+...rticleid+43.htm

Slow Computer - http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22278

And...the fastest way to speed up a system still remains...add more RAM.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users