Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Turning On My Wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wiz0r

wiz0r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hi, well, I had a problem yesterday. I was using my laptop like I usually do. I went to bed, and my girlfriend used my comp. Anyway, when I turned it on, the WI-FI Icon on my Dell Inspiron 9300 was turned off, and the Intel/Wireless thing had a red cross on it. When I open it, it says that the network adapter was not recognized, or something like that.

Now, my gf tells me that she didn't delete anything, and well, I don't know what happened, but even when I press Function+F2 whom is supposed to turn on my WiFi, it does NOTHING. The light never turns on, and obviously I don't have wireless access anymore.

I tried re-installing the driver, and whilst the installation was going an error pops out, and it says "NETWORK ADAPTER DRIVER IS NOT INSTALLED". I even, un-installed it, and re-installed it, and the same thing happened. God, this is so annoying. Can someone please help me? Pretty please..

Edited by wiz0r, 09 March 2008 - 05:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ucanfixit

ucanfixit

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

I know many at the Dell forums have had problems with the Dell utility set to manage their wireless connection and they all have switched to allowing Microsoft to manage it with more consistent performance. Might be worth a try...

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

On the Dell website there should be 2 programs for your WiFi - a driver and a program for managing the connection.
Uninstall the program for managing the connection in Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs.
Then re-download and reinstall the driver.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users