Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

None Of My Torrent Programs Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateMofo

ChocolateMofo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

For a few months now I have had this frustrating problem. My torrent programs (utorrent, bitcomet e.t.c.) even programs like limewire and bearshare will only work during a specific time of day, usually between 11pm until 9 am. recently this has changed to 12 pm to 8 am.To make this worse my maximum download speed has dropped from 80 - 100kbps to 20 - 40kbps. Mine is one of three computers and two gaming system that connect to the internet through a router. This doesnt happen to any other computer on my network only mine.I cant connect even when all the other computer etc are turned off and unplugged. I have gotten a new router, a new modem/NIC Card, i have formatted my computer several times, but this still occurs. To put a cherry on this S**t pie, i can only check my online email and google groups, facebook during this time. I would sincerely appreciate any help that leads to fixing this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

hi,,,, have you tried ringing up ypur isp and asking them to check it out,,,,, also in the uk most isp's throttle back peoples BB download speeds during what they call peak time,,, some dont like you torrenting at all and block you from doing it,,, i wonder if this is the case,,, try downloading a prog called pier gardien, which masks torrenting from your isp and then give it a go.,,,, good luck
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

some dont like you torrenting at all and block you from doing it,,, i wonder if this is the case,,, try downloading a prog called pier gardien, which masks torrenting from your isp and then give it a go.,

if the ISP IS blocking it, maybe it is for a very good reason? You need to use your ISP's connection wisely

My torrent programs (utorrent, bitcomet e.t.c.) even programs like limewire and bearshare

for what purpose ARE you utilising these programs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users