Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need New Ip Address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JuRoxx

JuRoxx

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

I am running Vista on my laptop and I access the Internet through a LinkSys wireless router. I have several systems accessing this network wirelessly and all of them are using the same IP address. This cause my access to get an error message that all systems are using the same IP address and I need to change the IP address on this system.

How would I change the IP address? Any suggestions?

Edited by JuRoxx, 09 March 2008 - 10:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Confirgure the router from a wired computer, not wireless.
Once you're in the router screen, make the router to be a DHCP server. There's a checkbox.
You can also tell the router how many IP addresses to issue, all 254 or limit to a range of several.
Don't forget that a wired connection may get one IP and wireless another, so double the range for convenience.
BTW, Linksys instructions in their pdf file do describe how to do it.

When you're done with the router, in every computer, under Networking, set TCP/IP properties to obtain IP address automatically. And reboot.
Check ipconfig /all in every computer. IP addresses must be different.

Start, Run
type cmd and hit enter
on the cmd window type ipconfig /all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users