Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Enquiry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlea

charlea

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hi all .. wonder if anyone can help me .. I am trying to clean up my computer and remove anything I am not using to give me extra space .. in my add/remove programs list I have all of these showing:

JSE2 Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 1
Java ™ 6 Update 2
Java ™ 6 Update 3
Java ™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

I am wondering whether I need to keep them all, especially the JSE2 Runtime Environment 5.0, is this the older copy before Runtime 6? Should I be deleting the old ones as a new one comes? Im a little in the dark on all this but don't want to stop any of my programs working by removing willynilly.

Many thanks in advance of any help.

Regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:12 AM

You need keep only the latest version of JavaRuntime, since every update is a completely new version (so it isn't really an "update" at all in the common sense of the term).
I generally delete any prior version after installing the newest release, and have not had any problems.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 charlea

charlea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

Thanks very much for that John, I will take off 5 and remember this for 6 when 7 arrives!

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users