Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express6 And Accounts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wizardofaus

wizardofaus

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:11 AM

I have had to to a complete reinstall of XP on my pc (hard drive failure)

I have managed to load all my accounts and the mail history - couldnt find the message rules folder, so if anyone wants a pile of unused offers to increase your d*ck size, I'll pass them on.... :thumbsup:

This has left me with one problem - my wife and I have separate accounts, and some people send mail to both of us. How do I get one copy of those mails to each folder? I used to have it happening, so I know it can be done. Trouble is, I can't remember how. Message rules send both emails to her folder at the moment.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

The easiest way to get messages to the proper folder:
Set up seperate user accounts on your computer.
Each of you will have your own desktops, which can be customized the way you want it.
You'll have seperate areas for files, folders, and documents. The new user can easily move his/her
folders and files to the new account.
Set up Outlook Express for you on your desktop, and for your wife on hers.

OR you could forget about the message rules, and set up a new identity in OE.
To create a new identity, instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209169

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 March 2008 - 10:34 AM.

#3 wizardofaus

wizardofaus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for that...

My last setup had so that if mail was addressed to both of us one would go to her folder and one to mine - without switching identities. I cant work out how to do that in message rules. I am pretty sure it just happened when I set up her account.

Is there somewhere where you can set a default folder for a particular account? I have looked on the net and there is advice about using menu items that no longer exist.........

We both use the machine - switching identities is a bit of a PITA (well - more an extra step and we like not having to work for our mail)

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

We both use the machine - switching identities is a bit of a PITA (well - more an extra step and we like not having to work for our mail)

In that case, maybe seperate computer user accounts would be a good option for you.

(Ignore the identities stuff in my post above. Your latest post was submitted while I was composing mine)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 March 2008 - 10:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users