Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Superantispyware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sara987

sara987

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

I downloaded superantispyware and it was able to detect 17 more nasties than another program I used (mostly adware, trojans, malware). It prompted me to reboot, so I did. Then I went back again and scanned my whole system. This time there were serveral of the same files (and some different) wtih '[RESTORE]'next to their name. Again I clicked 'next' to go to the quarantined items box, and before agreeing to reboot, I noticed that in addition to 'removing', the box listed many of the same items as 'adding'? I didn't reboot because I didn't know if the program files were protecting themselves somehow. Is this how its supposed to work? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:10 AM

By my experience, that's how SAS puts stuff into quarantine. It says it's "adding" and then "deleting" on the same screen. They're actually going into quarantine and you can delete them permanently from there.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

you have an active log http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry762463 so you ought NOT make any changes on your computer until you receive help on that thread from one of the HJT team on here Posted Image

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

As ruby1 has posted, now that you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.
If you experience difficulties in running certain malware removal programs, please direct your questions to your HJT Team helper.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users