Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Caused By Windowblinds

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarkHououmon

DarkHououmon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

This is a problem a friend of mine, Cyberlizard, has been having. He had downloaded WindowBlinds from a torrent and installed it. Upon uninstalling it, it messed up his computer. Here are the error messages he gets.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j153/Halohacker/error1.jpg (occurs when he starts up Windows)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j153/Halohacker/error3.jpg (occurs as a result of error 1)

He has not taken a screenshot of the 3rd error that occurs after he enters his password to connect to the internet.

He is unable to get on the internet using his computer. He had tried a System Restore, but that only made things worse.

I and another friend of mine, Daniel (who is an expert with computers) had attempted to help him using HijackThis. But HijackThis didn't detect anything that could be causing the problem.

I then came across instructions on how to recover lost files in the RECYCLER hidden folder, and attempted to help Cyberlizard with that in an attempt to get the MoHlog.txt file back, but it kept coming up with an error message. With Daniel's recommendation, I had Cyber download Stellar Recovery to try to recover the file, but he has no idea how to use the program.

Is there an easier way he can recover the MoHLog.txt? And would that fix his internet connection problem? If not, what can he do to fix his computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:31 AM

downloading shareware from a torrent?

modem on hold text file missing?

and wireless adapter profile missing

since he can't get on the internet you might download some scanners for him and see if they find anything?

It takes a long time to learn to read a hijackthis log

Sometimes it's best just to reload the computer
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 DarkHououmon

DarkHououmon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

I could post up his HijackThis log if that'll help.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

If you suspect this is a malware problem - please post over in the "Am I Infected" forum (located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ ) They'll advise you if an HJT log is necessary.

FYI - HJT logs posted in places other than the HJT forum are moved to the Misplaced HJT log forum by the moderators.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users