Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SusanPixley

SusanPixley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

I use Microsoft Outlook for my e-mail. Frequently it will receive e-mails from my juno account but it will not send them. Eventually the problem sorts itself out - but why is it inconsistent in sending?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Baric

Baric

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

While I'm not a fan of Outlook in general, in cases like this, the problem is usually not Outlook itself, but either the configured settings for the SMTP server, or the SMTP server itself is unreachable for some reason. Are you using Juno as your ISP when this problem happens, or do you have some other ISP and are just using your Juno email account? If using another ISP, make sure you are using your ISP's defined SMTP server to send messages. I have no direct expereience with Juno itself as an ISP, so I can't speak to how reliable their connections or SMTP servers are.

Also check how you have Outlook configured to send messages. If using a dialup connection, make sure you're online before you send, or your specify a particular connection before trying to access the Juno account.

#3 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

Check out your SMTP settings. Some email services acquire that you should check the authentication options for sending email.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users