Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Hate Snow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

If you have been paying attention to the news, Ohio is currently under a blizzard. I am from the Northern part and we have got over 10" in the last day or two.

I have pictures I'll be putting putting up later, of the snow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

Can't wait to see them :thumbsup:

#3 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

...we have got over 10" in the last day or two.

I have pictures I'll be putting putting up later, of the snow.

Try 12" overnight. Several times in one week.

#4 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Akron has got more than 10", more about 13-15"

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#5 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hey!! We got it pretty good here in Southwest Ohio too!! What a stinker but at least I didn't have to go out in it. I think they said we averaged a little over 10" here. Who do you think sent the rest of it your way yano!! I didn' want you to feel left out. :flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet: Now all we have left is the big cleanup!! Yipee!!! Grab those shovels and snow blowers!!
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:35 AM

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y273/yanowhiz/Snow/

That is my album for all my snow pictures. The images with the measurements around 9 or 10 inches was taken around 1pm and the ones that are deeper (around 14") was taken around 4pm.

I just hope this all doesn't flood my basement, because I live in the basement (at my grandma's).. :thumbsup:

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

I'm a skier and love the snow. That being said, this is the worst winter for snow that I've seen in a long time (New England, USA)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

...this is the worst winter for snow that I've seen in a long time (New England, USA)

You have got to be kidding. Our landlord has been down here three times, with a payloader, trying to find places to put the stuff. Although some of it has melted, we did have snowbanks that were over six feet high - on the sidewalks. The snowbank near the side of the front building here nearly reached the eaves - and it's a two and a half story building.

I don't know what part of New England you're referring to, but it isn't southern New Hampshire!

Oh, wait a minute. If you mean the worst winter for having a lot of snow, then we agree. The "skier that loves snow" may have given me the wrong impression, like you didn't think there had been enough.

#9 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

Here in New York we got a lot of snow too over the weekend. I just had to help my uncle shovel and snow blow his apartment houses (4 hours yesterday then 4 more today). Ya so I'm sick of the snow now :thumbsup:

What usasma might mean is that, at least around here, we haven't had much snow during the whole winter. We'd occasionally get a lot, but then it would be gone quite shortly after.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

We got about 12.5 here level 3 till this morning at 8am. Glad I don't work weekends

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#11 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Tons here too. I talked to a few people who have been living here for a long time, and they say the last time we had a storm this bad was in the early seventies....

I hate snow too

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

Tons here too. I talked to a few people who have been living here for a long time, and they say the last time we had a storm this bad was in the early seventies....

I hate snow too

Billy3

It was 1977 and yes it was worse. Plus there was no warning. It was a light snow when people left to go to work and then it opened up. I worked for an excavator back then. Police came and picked me up, put me on a D-9 Cat and told me to open the road. We were putting cars and all in the ditch. Worked 4 days straight and took naps in a dump truck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#13 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Wow! Thats nuts!

They were using a bobcat to clear the streets here. My town's snow removal consists of
1x Pickup Truck
1x Plow

needless to say, they wern't ready for this.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#14 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:31 PM

We are starting to run out of place to put all of it... We now have to put the snow in the back yard because the front is full... I had to dig out two avalanches the fell on the walkway to the door :thumbsup:

I really honestly don't really want anymore...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 09 March 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#15 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

No comment on the snow you are all dealing with. I'm just curious about this global warming talk during last summer. Haven't heard much mention of it this winter. :flowers: Coincidence? :thumbsup:

Now before I get severely chastised about my supposed indifference to global warming. That is not a fact. I'm just saying it seems odd, that once the weather changed the topic of global warming went into hibernation. Thats all I'm saying.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users