Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Trojandownloader.xs!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 sara987

sara987

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

For the last couple of days, I've noticed adware being downloaded to my computer. (This all started when I visited myspace.com, so I don't know if theres any connection there) Anyway, I was able to delete it for the most part, but lately its gotten worse. I found Outerinfo on my control panel and deleted it (it prompted me to enter numbers which I did-hope that was ok). When I did a search of all files created today, there are over a hundred. I have tried deleting some, but when I did more would pop up..ahhhhh!!! :thumbsup: NOW I have messages from Windows that say I have TrojanDownloader.XS and that it is a high security threat! My screensaver changed to navy blue and says I need to click the link below to do a scan. The link takes me to a site to download spyware that I read on this site is rougue, so I keep closing the window when it pops up. My task manager is "disabled by administator" and I have tried two methods-regedit.exe-1)delete disable and 2) changed (1) to (0) with no luck. The program also uses adult pop up sites (very annoying). I don't know if there are any simple answers here, but I could uses any info on where to start? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hello sara987

Please print out and follow the generic instructions for using "SmitfraudFix". Make sure you scroll down to Clean and perform the steps where you reboot in "Safe Mode" and run option #2.
-- If you have downloaded SmitfraudFix previously, please delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
-- If using Windows Vista be sure to Run As Administrator
-- If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move smitfraudFix.exe to the root of the system drive (usually C:\), and run it from there.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If using Windows Vista, be sure to "Run As Administrator")
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • [green]If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from[/color] here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".

Posted Image
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process and, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 sara987

sara987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

Thank you for the suggestions! This is a copy of the report:

SmitFraudFix v2.300

Scan done at 17:51:36.09, Sat 03/08/2008
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mgmrwmrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\command.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

hosts

C:\

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\default.htm FOUND !

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mgmrwmrv.exe FOUND !

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\profsy.html"
"SubscribedURL"=""
"FriendlyName"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\1]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

IEDFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

IEDFix
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

VACFix

VACFix
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

Rustock

DNS

Description: WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
DNS Server Search Order: 172.17.95.254

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A2B5D89A-0164-49C7-B280-DEDC619586EC}: NameServer=172.17.95.254
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{A2B5D89A-0164-49C7-B280-DEDC619586EC}: NameServer=172.17.95.254

Scanning for wininet.dll infection

End

#4 sara987

sara987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

OOPs! I think I sent the wrong report. My bad. Ok, here is the completed Malwarebytes report after removal:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.07
Database version: 470

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 29528
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 2
Memory Modules Infected: 7
Registry Keys Infected: 32
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 6
Files Infected: 30

Memory Processes Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\command.exe (AdWare.CommAd) -> Failed to unload process.
c:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\asappsrv.dll (AdWare.CommAd) -> Unloaded module successfully.
c:\program files\MSN\hokesotu555077.dll (Adware.TTC) -> Unloaded module successfully.
c:\program files\common files\lavu.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Unloaded module successfully.
c:\program files\complus applications\suvi777444.dll (Adware.TTC) -> Unloaded module successfully.
c:\program files\common files\lavu758.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtstq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqrpppm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\cmdservice (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\cmdservice (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cmdservice (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{37a9eb20-9073-46c6-a67f-a9ab6ab4ea09} (Adware.TTC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{37a9eb20-9073-46c6-a67f-a9ab6ab4ea09} (Adware.TTC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{da6a30cf-5864-480f-98c0-185dfcddf884} (Adware.TTC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{da6a30cf-5864-480f-98c0-185dfcddf884} (Adware.TTC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c370baa0-4b9c-4e0e-c481-b089e7226ecf} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c370baa0-4b9c-4e0e-c481-b089e7226ecf} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{708c6f04-2732-4c81-9657-2f3ecdde9bed} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{708c6f04-2732-4c81-9657-2f3ecdde9bed} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15651c7c-e812-44a2-a9ac-b467a2233e7d} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{622cc208-b014-4fe0-801b-874a5e5e403a} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00000250-0320-4dd4-be4f-7566d2314352} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{13197ace-6851-45c3-a7ff-c281324d5489} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e1075f4-eec4-4a86-add7-cd5f52858c31} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e7bd74f-2b8d-469e-92c6-ce7eb590a94d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5929cd6e-2062-44a4-b2c5-2c7e78fbab38} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5dafd089-24b1-4c5e-bd42-8ca72550717b} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5fa6752a-c4a0-4222-88c2-928ae5ab4966} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8674aea0-9d3d-11d9-99dc-00600f9a01f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{965a592f-8efa-4250-8630-7960230792f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cf021f40-3e14-23a5-cba2-717765728274} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{fc3a74e5-f281-4f10-ae1e-733078684f3c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3877c2cd-f137-4144-bdb2-0a811492f920} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xInsiDERexe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{37c19fd4-8ce1-47c3-8b36-105b2a3b031b} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{08a3084e-e8c8-4de1-9fb4-48179982c8de} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{08a3084e-e8c8-4de1-9fb4-48179982c8de} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\rqrpppm (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\runner1 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{08a3084e-e8c8-4de1-9fb4-48179982c8de} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\vtstq.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\vtstq.dll -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180solutions (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\zango (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\seekmo (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\asappsrv.dll (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\command.exe (AdWare.CommAd) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\sqIVvZcW.vbs (AdWare.CommAd) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\WINDOWS\mrofinu72.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\MSN\hokesotu555077.dll (Adware.TTC) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\program files\common files\lavu.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\program files\complus applications\suvi777444.dll (Adware.TTC) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\program files\common files\lavu758.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtstq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qtstv.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qtstv.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\TTC.dll (Adware.TTC) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b104.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b116.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b138.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b151.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b153.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\b154.exe (Trojan.Matcash) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\tk58.exe (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\F0RFMD2A\acdt-pid72[1].exe (Trojan.Clicker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G1IJCXUN\tk58[1].exe (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\saap.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\sac.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180solutions\sais.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\zango\zango.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\seekmo\seekmohook.dll (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\domains.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\log.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqrpppm.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

NOTE: I got a message right before I started that read: "During a starup memory scan Malwarebytes found an infected module C:\WINDOWS\YWFyb25z\asappsrv.dll. This module has been injected into the process memory of Malwarebytes. Not removing it may result in failure of other removals. Would you like to unhook it now?" I clicked "yes".

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

You did not follow all the instructions for using Smitfruadfix. The rapport.txt you posted indicates that you only ran option #1 while in normal mode. You still need to complete the next step. Please print out these "instructions". Make sure you scroll down to Clean and perform the steps where you reboot in "Safe Mode" and run option #2.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users