Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lvstang

Lvstang

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

Hello, everyone.

I came across this site when searching for SpyBot. I only learned of SpyBot a few days ago. My work computer became infected with some malware and kept brining up 3 spyware icons and changing the background to a red screen with a message that my computer has been infected, click to fix. The IT person was attempting to use SpyBot. Although SpyBot was unsuccessful in removing the malware, the IT person told me that it was the best program out there to use. My husband's computer has been very, very slow and will download but will not install any Windows updates and cannot access MSN Explorer or hotmail through IE. Also, IE will not update to 7. I keep receiving a message that something is wrong with Windows. So I wanted to use the SpyBot in an attempt to fix the computer and came across this site when I did a search.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Welcome to BC!
There are many anti-spyware applications you can use to attempt to find malware on your computer. I suggest you post about the problems your computer is having in the Am I Infected? Forum, where our Members can advise you about further action. It would be very helpful if you could provide the EXACT error message (s) you are getting when something fails to happen as it should.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users