The scans indicate the file is not malware. During my research, I'm finding mixed reviews. MDMCLS32.EXE can be found in Prevx's database but they have no specific vendor information. There is indication that this file is related to CA Internet Security. If that file appears as a startup then it could be a Trojan. Can you confirm you are seeing it as a running process and not a startup? I suspect that is the case or it would have been flagged as bad by jotti or virustotal.
Right-click on the file, choose Properties
and examine the General and Version tabs. What does it say? You can download and use Process Explorer
or System Explorer
to investigate all running processes and gather additional information to identify and resolve problems. These tools will show the process CPU usage, a description and its path location
. If you right-click on the file in question and select properties, you will see more details about the file.
Also check to see if its running as a service.
- Click on Start > Run and type: services.msc
- Press OK.
- Click the "Extended tab" at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
- Scroll down the list and see if you find a service called MDMCLS32.EXE.
- If so, double-click on it or right-click and choose "Properties".
- In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Disabled".
- Click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.