Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wierd Internet Connection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Valion

Valion

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:34 AM

Hey there

I need some serious help with my internet connection, i realy dont understand whats going on.
Here's my problem whenever i download my speed is seriously either low or high, example i download fileXXX via Rapidshare choosing Global crossing server or Teleglobe server coz i noticed they are the fastest for me, my DL speed is 55kbps there but when i try downloading the same file via depositfiles my speed is only 3-8kbps?!? and if via megaupload it is only 3-15kbps?!? how is this? i also noticed downloading from other sites is very slow, File Factory is very slow while Sendspace is always fast. please can someone kindly explain how downloading works and if possible how to make them fast? my internet is SmartBro Via Satelite 100mb, though my browsing is fast my downloads are very random.
Also i would like to ask how can you make Youtube load fast again when it suddenly slowed? ....this problem began last week, for 2 months in was ok i could watch a clip continuesly that is if i close other browsers but just recently its very slow, i mean it takes 10 seconds to load 3 seconds of the vid?

Any help with these problems is very much appretiated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

The Youtube issue can likely be solved by downloading the latest version of Flash at the Adobe website.

#3 Valion

Valion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:50 AM

I tried that but it doesnt help:(

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:06 AM

Then post the link to the video and we'll see if it works.

#5 Valion

Valion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:34 AM

That for example... it takes 3x longer to load, but before i could watch it with only a 1 sec delay in loading.
maybe theres a spyware,virus or any of that sort in my system? ...i also posted a HijackThis log.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

I didn't watch the whole thing but it seemed to work OK for me. Youtube isn't set up to handle videos longer than ten minutes. It's just not very robust so the problem is more likely a Youtube problem than anything with your computer. If someone has a long video, I always recommend uploading to Viddler as they can handle it.

http://www.viddler.com/

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:12 AM

Hi Valion,

I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users