Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roadscum

Roadscum

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

Hello, i am Roadscum, i found your most excellent and altruistic site after running hijack this and seeing you as one of a number of places a log could be posted to. I think you've been referred to a few times in the 'Safer networking' forums but as with far too many other things, i couldn't say for sure.
I am an allegedly professional driver and spend most of my time manoeuvring an ageing piece of scrap into spaces only slightly too small to fit. I spend what very little spare time i have trying to work out exactly how badly i have messed up my computer and wondering if there is any hope of recovering anything at all.
Over the years i have reached two firm conclusions:- 1 the roads are full of idiots, 2 one of them is me. These appear to apply equally well to the rest of life in general and may go some way to explaining why the world is the happy smiley place it is today.
Finally, NEVER, NEVER make the mistake of assuming that i have even the faintest idea what i'm doing, especially when i sound like i do.

Right, that's enough of that, i'm off to pester some people on the 'am i infected' forum, do have fun and don't forget, 'manoeuvre, signal, insurance'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Too Funny :thumbsup:
Welcome to the forum..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Roadscum

Roadscum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

Well, i'm glad you liked it, pleased to be of service and all that. May i take it that the good Mr Boopme is one of the many extremely patient followers of Erfworld - to which i would include a link if only i knew how?

Right, i'm off to catch up on the latest thrilling instalment and then perhaps learn how to post links

Ta ta

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

Yes I am it's Bleepin ruler the creator of the censored universe :thumbsup:
Erfworld: It's a Boopin' Good Webcomic!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Roadscum

Roadscum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

Yes, Erfworld is a really most fine piece of work, would be nice if it updated a little more often but then it's not as if we're paying for it so, in my opinion at least, we shouldn't gripe - and what we do get is so very, very good. I'm not sure that i'd trust anyone modelled after Mrs T though, but then that's just my evil communist roots showing through.

Had a quick peek at that 'Thought Vent' thingy and i'm impressed that it isn't afraid of going for controversial subject matter, but then i really don't get out enough these days.

The 'Folding at home' link does look really good, put all those resting computers to some really practical good use, i may have to download it when i get my machine up and running again. I'm currently using a borrowed laptop sitting on top of my desk with my desktop monitor sitting behind it, strangely the mouse thingy (don't get me started on mice...)doesn't seem to move the little arrow thing on the laptop, which i find most frustrating, again and again and again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users