Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

msn messenger 6.2 newest edition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:12 AM

I need some help. I hope this is in the right cantegorie. Um when i go to send my webcam to a friend it becomes slow and stops sometimes and dont capture my movement for a couple of mins. When it does its no where near live capture but sluggish. I have a new webcam. When not sending its fine and live but when i go to send its slow!!!! Please help my friend has the same problem. Also why is the live chat thru the mic slowed down. It seems to have a 5 sec delay before the person on the other end gets it. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:23 AM

What type of connection to the internet do you have?

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 02:55 PM

Dial up internet.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:45 PM

It is most likely that the bandwidth from a dialup is just not adequate enough to give smooth and flowing video over the internet. It looks fine locally as you are using your computer, but once you go over the internet, you are using a slow connection

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

About the only thing you can do is to toy with the settings in MSN messenger to improve performance. You might want to try Yahoo Messenger; back when I was on dail-up, it seemed to be marginally better than MSN when I used my webcam.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

Thanks i like msn better. Like yahoo games are terrible. Well the graphics and setup. Go MSN GAMES. www.zone.com !!! Well thanks i might just get dsl soon. And of course move to the 21st century when i get it. Dial up is slow i know you all prob have dsl or cable modem. I dont even have a cable tv. O well thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users