Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Access Control Panel As Administrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlesjegar

charlesjegar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:28 AM

Really hoping someone can help me out here. Some time ago, my PC became infected with a trojan horse and I followed the advice provided by Norton to remove it.

However, I cannot now access the control panel in normal mode and also cannot restore 'system restore'.

What is also weird is that I have two user accounts set up on the machine and only one of them seems to be able to access the internet.

...and I cannot access the ITunes store through ITunes (despite the fact that the ITunes diagnostic test gives a positive response!)

Can anyone help? Is something sinister happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hi ... Your better off going to the hijackthis forum and have someone there advise you what you should do , like downloading "hijackthis" . Make a log for an expert to view it .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Edited by snooker, 08 March 2008 - 07:35 AM.

#3 speedytimzalez

speedytimzalez

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

If that gets you nowhere, what I would try is setting up a new user account (admin or restricted) (possibly disable the other account(s) but not yet. Do not transfer any settings. Try the new account and see what kind of access you can get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users